Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I Won't Be Demonstrating


By Moshe Feiglin

"We must demonstrate against Olmert," said the voice over the phone.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he is going to give up the Golan Heights."

"I won't be demonstrating," I answered. "I won't demonstrate against Olmert, and not against the media and not even against the justice system. I won't demonstrate against giving up the Golan Heights, I don't demonstrate against the missiles falling in Ashkelon and I don't demonstrate against the fire bombs thrown all too frequently at the entrance to my home town. And even when Olmert will announce that he is surrendering Jerusalem, I will not demonstrate."

I don't demonstrate because I have nobody to demonstrate against.
I don't demonstrate because the father and mother of Zionism are long dead and buried.
I have no national father to yell at. I have no political mother who will have mercy on me.
I am simply here alone. Completely alone. With only myself. Who will I demonstrate against? The air? I can only demonstrate against myself, to berate myself for the things that I could have done to change our leadership - and didn't do.

Manhigut Yehudit needs your help now more than ever. You can help to get our message out. Support Manhigut Yehudit, print out this update and distribute it in your community, arrange a Manhigut Yehudit lecture in your community, and tell your friends about the fast-growing Jewish Leadership alternative. For information call:


Israel: 09 774 0932
U.S.: 516 295 3222

No comments: