Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There is Still Hope


Last week I spoke at the Haifa's Technion University before a large group of Technion graduates.
During the question and answer session after my lecture, two people asking questions defined themselves as atheists. They wanted to know how they would fit into the Jewish State that I dream of. An interesting discussion followed. I explained that there are more than a few people in Manhigut Yehudit who define themselves as "secular" and I even know a few Manhigut members who define themselves as atheists. Paradoxically, the only place where they can live according to their (lack of) faith is in the Jewish state that we propose - because the State of Israel that disassociated from its roots is in an advanced state of collapse.

The leaders of all of Israel's major parties have been sucked into the black hole of the ideological vacuum known as Israel's "center" and are incapable of dealing with this process of collapse. In the state of "Palestine" that will inherit us there will be no room for "infidels" - or for atheists.

After I assured the audience that in a genuinely Jewish state, as opposed to the Big Brother state that we have today, the loftiest value is liberty - and first and foremost freedom of thought, including the freedom to deny one's faith - I wanted to know to what extent these two "atheists" represented the views of the audience. "I would like to ask you a question," I turned to the elite of Israel's young intelligentsia. "Please raise your hand if you believe in G-d." There were not many kippah wearing members of the audience, but the sea of hands raised high in the air was the irrefutable evidence I was looking for.

Despite the collapse of Israel's current leadership, Israel's society is strong. It is just a matter of time until it rejects the current corrupt leadership in disgust and turns to the Jewish leadership alternative. Manhigut Yehudit will be there when that happens.

No comments: